Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Festival

One of the best things about living in a small town is the local fall fesitval.  Here in my town, it's called the Black Walnut Festival, and this year was the 56th year! 

I love the beautiful agriculture exhibits where local farmers and gardeners compete for prizes.  The array of colorful vegetables are so pretty!

And I'm happy to report that the Bolte Farm pumpkins received two first place ribbons! 


Some people even entered sacks of hay into the competition.

And then some ladies enter their gorgeous canned produce.


Steve and I bought this wooden pumpkin carved by a chain saw artist!! 

This is the ONE time of the year that our little town's main street is lined with thousands of people.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day for a parade....
There were marching bands, floats, clowns, children, and festival royalty... but my favorite of all was the Calhoun Middle High School Marching Band! 

Here's my all-time favorite drummer playing his snare drum.

He's so SERIOUS....


My favorite drummer's best friend Kameron on the bass.


And here's my "fake" son ... RYAN!!!!!  He moved to another county two whole hours away, and now he plays for another band.  They are bigger and better though!  Go Ryan!

No comments:

Post a Comment