Friday, June 24, 2011

Beauty in the Midst of the Storm

It seems that every day we get rain. The days are warm and muggy, and the humidity always seems to bring a shower.


Oftentimes, the rain will be accompanied by a fast-moving, hard-hitting summer storm. The sky will get dark over the barn, a refreshing wind will move through the trees, and deep rumbles of thunder can be heard in the background.


The late evening storms always paint the sky with an amazing array of colors.


These pictures were taken yesterday evening....


And I am reminded to be thankful.... Thank you God that we can find your beauty even in the midst of the storm.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Stephanie,
    It's nice to meet you. Thanks for stopping by my blog. :) I'm always happy to welcome new folks.
    All of my family is from WV, and I grew up in Alleghany County, VA. I'm on the east side of VA right now, but would love to move back to the mountains! I've been enjoying looking through your blog. You take beautiful pictures!
    (I was baptized in WV in a real river too!)
    Hope you and your family have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet someone with "back home" roots! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, and thank you for stopping by to visit my blog. I just loved visiting you here! Yes, it is good to be thankful, we are still in much need of rain here. I always dread the storm that comes with it however!

    ReplyDelete