Monday, August 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Beth Ann

Beth Ann putting her own candles on her DQ Oreo Blizzard cake. 

Beth Ann is my only girl.... well, actually she's my step-daughter, but she's still our only girl.  She's been a part of my life since she was 14 years old and in the 8th grade.  It's hard to believe she is a beautiful, independent 21 year old woman now. 

The birthday cake with all 21 candles.

We had a wonderful weekend.  Saturday Beth Ann and I went to get our nails done in pretty summer girlie pink, and afterwards we went shopping for her back-to-college clothes.  Saturday evening Steve and I took her to eat at Bob Evans, then to a movie.  Then yesterday, we celebrated with the cake and "Happy Birthday" song. 

Beth Ann making her birthday wish before blowing out her candles.... she's putting considerable effort into this wish... wonder what a beautiful young lady who appears to have everything would wish for?

She blew all 21 candles out so quickly (and forcefully enough to blow cookies off the cake!), that I didn't get a shot!  But I did get a picture of her gleefully clapping her hands because she managed to get them out in one breath!  I guess her big wish will come true!

Beth Ann playing "dress up" with the goat.  I love this self-portrait of her! 

We're so accustomed to having teenage boys around, it's a pleasure and sometimes a mystery to have a girl around again.

This morning she packed up her new clothes, all her pretty scarves, and all the "girl stuff" in the bathroom that the boys had complained about... and Steve took her to Charleston to spend the rest of her birthday with her mother.  Then off to Morgantown and back to college life, even though fall classes don't start until next Monday.  I can't imagine what the allure is for a 21 year old girl in a college town... I think we liked it better when she was here on the farm putting scarves on the goat. 

Happy 21st Birthday Sweet Elizabeth Ann Bolte.

No comments:

Post a Comment