Saturday, August 14, 2010

Summertime news from the farm

We sliced into our first garden watermelon this week.


We grew small icebox watermelon, which are round and dark green.  The inside is a beautiful bright red. 



Steve modeling with our first watermelon of the season.

I don't really like watermelon, but I wish I did.  I think they are just gorgeous to look at.  They just LOOK refreshing on a hot summer day.

In other news.... still no name for the goat.  She's kind of starting to grow on all of us though, so a real name will have to come soon.  The naming will ultimately be up to Lewis since she is technically his goat.

And look at this beautiful cloud I was able to photograph at sunset the other evening. 

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful sunset!! I looked for the "like" button!! :o)

    ReplyDelete