Saturday, August 7, 2010

Road trip to visit family

I just got back from a little road trip.  I went to Hartville, Ohio with my brother, Josh and my mom to visit family.  For whatever the reason, we don't visit often enough.  My mom had 10 brothers and sisters and half of them are now gone.  My mom will be 78 in December.  Life is short.  Why don't we spend more time with those we love?

This is a Nichols family reunion photo which was taken about 6 or 8 years ago.  From left front:  Uncle Kenny;  Uncle Jack (RIP);  Aunt Pat (RIP);  Aunt Evelyn (RIP).  Back row:  Aunt Barbara; Uncle Gary; Aunt Berdeal; Uncle Don; Mom; Dad (RIP); Aunt Lue (RIP);  Uncle Howard;  Aunt Mary;  Uncle Boyd (RIP).

So we took mom to visit her little brother... my Uncle Kenny.  He's been confined to a wheel chair for 20 years from injuries received in a motorcyle accident.  He is paralyzed from the waist down. He is an AWESOME guy! 

I love this picture.... Uncle Kenny is laughing so hard at a comment someone made.  I have no idea what was said, but I love his laugh.  He laughs all over and with so much expression!

Here he is looking at pictures of his only granddaughter.

Here my brother Josh shares funny stories with Uncle Kenny.  

We had a good visit with Uncle Kenny and his wife Connie. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Uncle Kenny's eye's are SO blue! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mom looks great!

    ReplyDelete